Tuesday 14 December 2010

New Student Work

I'll start this off by some new Interactive Media student work; this is an After Effects animation created as an opening for a Documentary (By Clint Galea, Matthew Vella and Therese Briffa) More to come...
This is one more experiment I am conducting in After Effects using Inverted Water Colour and simple 3D layers...
Below is another manipulated water colour semi-abstract jelly fish for deep house record label battibatti
As you might have noticed I am currently in love with water colour. It can offer so much flexibility especially when digitised. On a side note, water colour was actually my least favourite medium to use when I was a student. I guess once you grasp the delicate nature of water colour (as my friend Ruth put it) you can start exploiting it in any way you like.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Yeah I didn't like watercolor when I was young but its really cool. Check out Frank Frazetta's watercolor works and those of Norman Rockwell - two deities trust me ;)
    Did you ever play with oils? Honestly I started this year and I simply fell in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had forgotten to reply to this comment - never really played with Oils actually - I always found them a bit too ' heavy ' if that makes sense - still want to try and test them sometime

    ReplyDelete